About Valpo Chamber
The Greater Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce (GVCC) is a membership organization consisting of members in the business, government, education, and not-for-profit sectors. Through its volunteer committees and its partnerships with organizations in the Northwest Indiana region, the Chamber works on economic development, member services, legislative, and quality of life issues. Any business, government entity, school corporation, not-for-profit organization or individual not actively associated with a business is welcome to join.
Serving the needs of all our members and ensuring the quality of life in the greater Valparaiso community by providing the highest quality information, advocacy, networking opportunities and member services.
Serving the needs of the business community, while continuing to preserve, enhance, and promote the unique character of greater Valparaiso.
Conducting business utilizing the following core values:
- Over 820 Chamber members.
- Awarded “Indiana State Chamber of the Year” in 2013.
- Chamber staff answers over 1,000 telephone and walk-in inquiries per month.
- 40% of inquiries result in direct referrals to Valpo Chamber businesses.
- 75% pertain to questions about Chamber businesses.
- 25% are tourism questions (directions, shopping, dining, recreation…)
- More than 119,000 visits to the Valpo Chamber website, which provides direct links to member websites were recorded in 2014.
- More than 8,400 chamber gift certificates with a total redemption value of more than $170,000 were sold in 2014.
- More than 75% of our members are small businesses with fewer than 10 employees.
- Each year, more than 400 Chamber members contribute over 5,000 volunteer hours to Chamber projects.